Re: [board-discuss] hiring Christian Lohmaier

Hi,

Am 10.06.2013 18:15, schrieb Florian Effenberger:
Dear community,

in its last private meeting, the board of directors has made a
decision I would like to share with you today.

We decided to offer Christian Lohmaier a work contract, for a limited
period of one year, part-time with 20 hours per week, specifically for
web development. This involves developing, enhancing and bug fixing
our web applications, like our CMS system, and like the new download
page.

Given TDF runs more and more applications that are critical, and has
very special requirements e.g. in terms of localization and
scaleability, which are not always met by the upstream products we
run, several community members have proposed paying someone with
development skills - especially in PHP, Python, Perl, C, C++, Java -
to implement those requests.

After careful research, the board has come to the decision that hiring
Christian Lohmaier on a part-time, time-limited basis specifically for
these development tasks is the most economical solution, and will
provide huge benefits to the wider community. Code produced will,
wherever possible, be also filed upstream, to the benefit of the open
source products we use.

Christian has been around for many years, contributing a lot
especially to our web applications, and the board is looking forward
to have a fixed amount of his time in the future.

The total costs for TDF, including dues employer, translate to
approximately 25.000 € per year.

After the contract has been drafted now and sent to the board in
private, I hereby ask the board to

    1. vote on hiring Christian Lohmaier, for a limited period of one
year, part-time with 20 hours per week, specifically for web
development, at costs not exceeding 25.000 € per year,

    2. authorize Thorsten Behrens and me to sign the work contract on
behalf of TDF

Looking forward to working with Christian!

+1 from my side. I'm looking forward to some Python website hacking ;-)

Best regards,
Andreas

--
## Developer LibreOffice