Re: [board-discuss] new BoD call time due to daylight saving time

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Olivier Hallot
<olivier.hallot@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

UTC is very handy, believe me.

Sure I find the whole DST mess stupid to start with...

but... _practically_ the meeting time is adjusted so that it always
occurs at the same CET time. so the announce could be made using UTC
for convenience, but in fact that UTC time has changed and will change
according to the DST setting of CET... so instead of figuring out how
many hours behind 3,4,5 you are from CET, you have to pay attention to
the specific UTC time of the meeting, which will vary up to 2 hours
depending on the specific date of the meeting.

Note:
1/ I re-iterate that the reference time can be a certain CET time, and
yet the announce can contain UTC time for convenience
2/ And the end of the day that was just a suggestion... that I made
because we were running into the same problem with ESC meeting... I
have no strong feeling about it... especially for a meeting that I
rarely attend to start with :-)

Norbert