[board-discuss] Re: November 2012 profits & losses

Hi Thorsten,

Le 2013-02-13 10:57, Thorsten Behrens a écrit :

Dear members, TDF supporters,

please find attached our November 2012 profits&  losses report. This
is the first month accounting for accrued donations from our credit
card provider (some of that going back into September).

Many thanks for your ongoing support, with kind regards,

Cheers,

Thanks for doing both Nov and Dec reports.

I have a few questions about section 2900. I am not sure if some of the items belong there.

=====snip=====

Nov.

2900 Other costs charitable mission               EUR 0.00
       2900-1 Hosting costs charitable mission    EUR 961.63
       2900-2 Office services Berlin              EUR 178.50
       2900-3 Other costs software deployment     EUR 0.00

Total 2900 Other costs charitable mission   EUR 1,140.13

=====snip=====

2900-2 Offices service Berlin EUR 178.50 ... should this not be in the 2700 group?

2900-3 Other costs software deployment ... this perhaps should also be in the 2700 group? Maybe 2703 Software deployment (as this will be a recurring yearly expense, it deserves its category number)

=====snip=====

Dec.

2900 Other costs charitable mission             EUR 533.60
       2900-1 Hosting costs charitable mission  EUR 1,005.58
       2900-2 Office services Berlin            EUR 178.50
       2900-3 Other costs software deployment   EUR 0.00

Total 2900 Other costs charitable mission       EUR 1,717.68

=====snip=====

What was 2900 Other costs charitable mission EUR 533.60 spent on?
Same comments as written for Nov. regarding "Offices services Berlin" and "software deployment" being in the 2700 section.

Actually, now that I look at the 2900 heading, it may be better to re-label it in another way. "Other costs related to TDF" otherwise the label that is used now suggests that the costs below the 2900 section relates to costs that were incurred for charitable use -- which I don't think is what you mean.

IMO, all of these could fit in the 2700 category if you use the 2700 title as "Office Expenses", then follow through with the 2701, 2702, 2703 etc. numbering. I don't know the reason why any TDF expenses should be singled out in 2900 when the whole Profit/Loss report about the TDF. All of the 2900 costs seem related to 2700 Office costs (which are understood to be "TDF Office Costs")

Anyway, thanks a lot for doing this. It is a big job to undertake and to keep track of the receipts. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré