Micro Funding Discussion on User List

Wanted to make sure that the board was aware of this. I gave my response and hope that it is a good one, if anyone feel like they need to add or refute what I said, of course feel free to do so :slight_smile:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.user/27560

Best Regards,
Joel

Hi,

Wanted to make sure that the board was aware of this. I gave my response
and hope that it is a good one, if anyone feel like they need to add or
refute what I said, of course feel free to do so :slight_smile:

just one generic, personal comment:

Of course, any initiative to improve LibreOffice is highly welcome. However, be aware that you cannot change the whole UI for just a few hundred USD.

In order to not disappoint those who want to kickstart, I *strongly* recommend first talking to developers and designers what is possible, and when. I am no developer, but from what I know, replacing the UI is a very tedious tasks, taking probably man months. Imagine what this would cost if you had to pay for the worktime.

There's nothing worse than promising things to people kickstarting, that cannot be fulfilled. So, personally, I'd be *extremely* cautious with that...

Florian