Re: [board-discuss] Re: Joining Silicon Sentier

Hi Marc,

Marc Paré wrote on 2013-01-24 05:25:
While I agree totally with joining Silicon Sentier, I was wondering how
the BoD can run a vote when there is no quorum reached for the meeting?
Are business for the meeting not cancelled and must be re-scheduled for
proper discussion at a future meeting with quorum?

Is the application of the "BoD § 5 I rule" not for only votes taken when
a quorum is reached? It just seems strange to allow voting like this.

this is the intention of the § 5 rules of procedure. It is designed that board members who are not active and miss voting, cannot block the foundation's business. To make that happen, and avoid abuse, this paragraph is limited on daily business, has a two business day waiting rule, and is limited to costs of 500 €.

In a perfect world, all board members would vote within one business day, but this time, it seems this was not possible.

Luckily, it was the first time, most of the board did not vote, and I hope it remains an exception, for sure.