[board-discuss] Re: August 2012 profits & losses

Hi Thorsten,

Le 2012-10-31 06:36, Thorsten Behrens a écrit :

Dear members, TDF supporters,

please find attached our August 2012 profits&  losses report. Sorry
for the delay, we're slowly growing accounting into budgetting
expenses. September report will take a few extra cycles, I still
need to integrate Concardis reporting (our credit card payment
service provider).

Many thanks for your ongoing support, with kind regards,

Thanks for doing this. Much appreciated.

A couple of questions and remarks:

* The Revenues section has different titles with the words: "from donation receipt", "donation receipt to", "against tax receipt" -- were these supposed to mean "with tax receipt"?

* What are "2565 Members boarding costs" -- boarding costs usually mean putting up members in hotels/houses as well as perhaps food, etc. Is this what you mean by this title?

* What is meant by "2900 Other costs charitable mission"?

I wonder if the accounting software that is being used for the TDF could output these reports more as .pdf files, or, in our native Calc format (better for us to show off our software potential). This would preserve the double-entry column setup rather than leaving it up to the particular browser to render the columns (the file you posted is in .html).

It would also be nice to have "Assets" and "Liabilities" included in the report for the membership to keep track of.

Finally, is the accounting package being used by the TDF a German based package and the file output posted on our mailing lists are a translation of these files? Would it be possible for us to know the name of the accounting package?

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré