[board-discuss] Travel refund volunteers needed

Hello,

unfortunately, as of today, we have three events that have not been refunded to the participants yet, some have been waiting more than a month for their refund, which is a very unfortunate situation.

The bottleneck is that most of the work is within Thorsten and me, and we are constantly overworked (I speak for myself here, but I guess it's similar with Thorsten).

I'd like to call out to the board to find one volunteer helping us to deal with managing travel refunds. I guess Thorsten is happy with doing the accounting, and I am also happy to support for legal questions, but there are several more steps required. In a nutshell, it's:

(1) Getting to know the approved budget from the board

(2) Asking the organizers for a list of all participants

(3) Knowing our travel refund policy (http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Policies) and its limitations plus the workflow

(4) Collecting all receipts, putting all (valid) requests in a table or database

(5) "Making the cut" after a deadline, to then see whether funding is available for everyone, or whether we need to limit it (like: everyone only gets 80% of the requested amount) or ask the board for topping-up the budget

(6) Sending the receipts for refunding either to TDF or SPI, depending on who pays

Agreeably, this is no joyous task, but it's part of the boards duties to take care of it, and it will make our contributors happy if they don't have to wait for a too long time.

Any volunteers?

Thanks,