Re: [board-discuss] Conference Travel Support

Simon Phipps wrote:
I've not seen any statement about financial support for travel to
Berlin for the LibreOffice Conference. Is there a budget and
process in hand for this, or are we defaulting to the published
policy?

Hi Simon,

thanks for bringing that up. There's an initial budget approved by
the board on 2012-08-08, see

 http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Decisions

, so far approval was on a per-request basis. FWICT there's no
final, fixed budget available yet (partly because of very late
sponsor signups, partly because of unclear spendings on other
fronts, video recording & swag), but I think it's safe to assume
that we can spend beyond this initial budget.

The organizer team will finish up registration tonight, and then the
plan is to mail all participants with further details - that could
as well include suggestions on how & where to request travel
bursaries.

I hope that clears it up enough - please do follow-up with further
questions, either here on board-discuss, or privately to the board,
or me personally ASAP. Especially if you have unmet travel needs, or
even worse, have not booked your travel yet. ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten