Re: [board-discuss] membership application/language and supporters

Hi Norbert,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote (23-05-12 16:47)

To go back to the original issue:

Hé, that was mine ;-)

1/ I have no problem with TDF developing alternative way to
'recognize' people. But that is more a Internal Marketing/Community
Management topic than a MC topic.

My idea is the other way round: give people other ways to 'recognise' TDF.
Usually people see becoming a member as an act of supporting.
I would love to see that people, that can not (at a time) be, or do not want to be member, can become "supporter" or something.

2/ Volunteer can translate and help people that do not know any
English, including our Statue/Bylaw and other Foundation related
document, actually I'd encourage that, as it would help avoid some
confusion, apparently.

OK.

3/ I have a practical problem receiving Application/Renewal request in
anything but English. English is _not_ my native language, but that is
a practical, and relatively simple(*), working language. And as much
as I would like to, I cannot be expected to speak all the language of
the planet, nor is any MC member. So, official/formal communication,
like membership application and renewal, must practically be en
English. I'm very open to review and correction so that we avoid
Idioms and other complex formulation is such documents, but it shall
still be in English nonetheless.

I agree here too.

Cheers,
--