Re: [board-discuss] payment service

On 24 Mar 2012, at 20:13, Florian Effenberger wrote:

Hello,

JFYI: as discussed during one of the previous calls, I just contacted a payment service
(ePayment) for a quote.

Several people asked for a possibility to pay without PayPal, and the corporation I've contacted
does offer that, i.e. direct payment via credit card and bank account.

I know it is used by the FSFE folks as well, and they seem to be quite happy.

I'll let you know when I have an offer. I'll also ping the Wikipedia folks for insight how they
do it.

I suspect this is in the context of receiving payments, but there's also the issue of how to make
payments internationally. I use and recommend XE Trade, http://www.xe.com/fx/ - it is inexpensive,
convenient and provides a good degree of control. I noticed that SPI uses it for international
payments too.

S.