Re: [board-discuss] PostgreSQL project <-> Document Foundation liaison

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 11:27:06AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
On Tue, 2011-12-13 at 10:17 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

A "news" is, I *think*, an item that gets placed in PosgreSQL's
"weekly news" column
http://www.postgresql.org/community/weeklynews/

Maybe when 3.5 comes out, we push an announcement there, whose core
would be "LibreOffice now has native PostgreSQL support out of the
box"? I don't want to write that announcement on my own, so when the
time is right, I'll look into it with our press / propaganda /
publicity / ... team (I assume we have one).

      Sounds good to me - Italo is the man who can around these
things - given that release time is usually a frenetic circus of
press interviews, announcement drafting, website updating
etc. etc. it's prolly good to start early on that snippit; how many
lines/words are these usually ?

Update: given the state of base in general (e.g. the seriousness of
the bugs corrected during the rc cycle...) and PostgreSQL-SDBC
specifically (fdo#45254 comes to mind...), I'd rather not attract PR
light on it just yet. Let's hope 3.6 will be up for it.

--
Lionel