[board-discuss] PostgreSQL project <-> Document Foundation liaison

Hi,

As main maintainer of PostgreSQL-SDBC, the native driver for
LibreOffice to connect to a PostgreSQL database server which is going
to be bundled with LibreOffice 3.5, I'm putting myself as "manager" of
the "The Document Foundation" organisation on the postgresql.org
website and related resources.

This is your opportunity to veto me in that position should you wish,
but then please appoint another person. You can also adjoin me another
manager: create an account at https://www.postgresql.org/account/ for
that person.

I filled in the form as follows:

 Name: The Document Foundation
 Address: (left blank)
 email: info@documentfoundation.org
 Organisation Type: Open Source Project
          (other choices: Individual, Not for profit, Company)
 Current manager(s): lmamane (myself)

Organisation type "Not for profit" might be technically more accurate,
but I see us as so strongly linked to the LibreOffice "Open Source
Project" that I equate both.

The power this position grants me and/or the person you choose is:
post / modify / update (as the case may be) News, Events, Products and
Professional Services to the postgresql.org website in the name of The
Document Foundation, subject to approval by PostgreSQL moderators.

A "product" is an entry into one of the categories in
http://www.postgresql.org/download/product-categories/

My primary intent (and the reason I start this whole shebang) is to
list PostgreSQL-SDBC properly in
http://www.postgresql.org/download/products/2-drivers-and-interfaces/

A "news" is, I *think*, an item that gets placed in PosgreSQL's
"weekly news" column
http://www.postgresql.org/community/weeklynews/

Maybe when 3.5 comes out, we push an announcement there, whose core
would be "LibreOffice now has native PostgreSQL support out of the
box"? I don't want to write that announcement on my own, so when the
time is right, I'll look into it with our press / propaganda /
publicity / ... team (I assume we have one).

An "event" is a entry in the listing at
http://www.postgresql.org/about/eventarchive/

I do not foresee us having an event relevant to announce to the
PostgreSQL community at large.

A "professional service" is an entry into
http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/

I do not foresee us offering PostgreSQL-related professional
services (!).

--
Lionel