Re: [steering-discuss] Preparing elections for the membership committee

On Sun, 2011-10-30 at 13:28 -0200, David Emmerich Jourdain wrote:
- In a nutshell, this means: We either can decide to nominate the current
MC as the first MC and have a "gentlemen's agreement" that they step back
as soon as the foundation is in place, leading to new elections about 45
days later on.

IMHO, I don't see why can we not adopt this option. The current MC proved
that was (and is) impartial and deeply focused on meritocracy, essential
factors for an MC.

For me, the current MC proved that's fully deserving of this gentlemen's
agreement.

        Agreed. I too prefer this for two reasons:

        a) it -may- allow us to setup the foundation more quickly, at
           least we are not blocking on a fairly artificial timeline

        b) it adds a staggered election into the process from founding,
           such that we are not electing the MC and the Board at the
           same time - which IMHO is critical anyway

        So - I too would prefer to stick with the MC we have, and elect it
shortly after founding.

        Then again - I'm agnostic on the point; if the founding is further
delayed, perhaps having an elected initial MC in place is fine.

        ATB,

                Michael.