[steering-discuss] Re: confcall tomorrow

On 10/28/2011 12:05 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:

tomorrow, at 1400 UTC, the next conference call takes place. Right now,
we are in a transition phase from the Steering Committee to the Board of
Directors, so I would like to explicitly invite those who are new with
us to join this call. It would be ideal if we had most SC and BoD
members to hand over the duties.

I might have REAL problems in getting a connection, as I am in Prague and I definitely cannot use my mobile to make the call (as it will cost a fortune). I will try to find a place with a free wifi connection, to use either skype or my voip provider to make the call.

Just in case, I will share my thoughts on the agenda later today.

I am still trying to make up my mind after the LO conference and the LinuxCon. We must leverage our visibility in the Linux environment, and improve it in the Windows environment.

Here in Prague, I've been approached by several Oracle people who told me "I've read quite many articles about you, and I just wanted to shake hands...".

Also, all the media I have met have been enthusiastic about our PR activity, which means that we must improve it and make it even better than it actually is (in my opinion, it has been extremely good for free software standards but just average for professional PR standards).

Anyway, lots of information and thoughts to digest as soon as I will be able to stop for a few minutes in front of a keyboard.

Ciao, Italo

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vignoli@gmail.com