Re: [steering-discuss] Candidacy for Board: Michael Meeks

Hi :)
Thanks :)  I'm not going to be at Paris but thanks for the offer.

Documentation on how to join in with other teams (including the Docs Team (following recent
upgrades to their infrastructure)) also needs to be done.

I don't know what UNO is.  It seems to be something that depends on javascript or .Net or
something??  Seems a bit strange.  Of the links i found this link made the most sense
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/FirstSteps/Programming_with_UNO
and even that was a tad confusing imo.  Does the limited guidance on how to add a language or new
translation push people into using UNO?

Oddly we don't get many calls for how to translate or how to add a new language and when we do
people seem satisfied with the links we give them to specific teams or to the global translations
list.  We do need to get decent guides for those things but we get a lot more people asking about
how to join in with programming and people seldom seem happy with what we can give them.

It would be good to have a proper LO Guide that reflects LO's direction instead of the direction
under Sun.

If there are other guides that could be usefully added to the collection that would be great.
Anyone can either edit the page or pass the links to the documentation list.

Anyway, thanks hugely for your considerate reply.
Regards from
Tom :)