Re: [steering-discuss] Candidacy for Board

Hi, :-)

Minor addition after a few hours sleep and before starting work:

This kind of design documentation is really essential for various reasons.

What would happen if there was some kind of disaster and we were to
lose the essential core of our lead devs for some horrible reason?
We'd be scuppered. Among the other members of the LibreOffice project,
is there anyone who knows how the thing works? Is there any record,
useable by a non-geek, of the state of evolution of the code base?

We say that people are free to take the source and do what they want
with it, but - at the moment - they'd have to reverse engineer the
whole code base. How "open" is that?

No, I apologise for insisting, and I realise that this initiative will
take some initial footwork, and will require on-going maintenance, but
it really should be considered to be essential work.

But I firmly believe there will be a pay-off in quite a few ways.

In any case, I'll be at the next couple of SC/BoD meetings to follow
up and discuss the idea.

Bonne journée, les amis. :-)

--
David Nelson