Re: [steering-discuss] Off-topic - please move to discuss@

Ian,

2011/9/13 Ian Lynch <ianrlynch@gmail.com>

On 13 September 2011 13:32, Charles-H. Schulz <
charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

Hello Ian, Tom, Paulo,

2011/9/13 Ian Lynch <ianrlynch@gmail.com>

The general notion here was that
having a separate Base list would not serve the purpose - so what
other, concrete proposals are there to discuss within the SC?

The general notion you're saying, IMHO, comes from people who are not
directly involved in Base's issue itself. How many of those people
who
are
saying "no" to the creation of the new list will be directly working
on
Base?

If there are none yet, I'd indeed appreciate it if general
brainstorming would *not* happen on this list.

Maybe you should invite people who are willing to contribute on Base
jump
in this discussion, wherever it should happen.

Why would a Base list not help? It would at least provide a potential
focus?
So providing a Base list seems like a concrete proposal :-)

Concrete proposals are:

- a bugfix
- a patch for a new feature (might be matching one or more easy hacks)
- bug reports
- UX testing
- marketing collaterals
- Design Requests For Enhancements studies
- documentation writing
- localization work

The rest is not a concrete proposal. A concrete proposal of a new mailing
list is nothing. It's an invitation to talk, and talk is *very cheap*.

Charles I have now had 2 responses from you in the last few minutes which
have a tone that seems at best pretty negative. I'm not sure why you are
upset with me. I certainly know talk is cheap, but then courtesy doesn't
cost anything either.

Don't worry, I will go to places where things are a little more cordial.

I'm sorry if my answer(s) sounded unpolite. They're not only meant to be
clear.

best,
Charles.

--