Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

Hi André, hi all,

Am 11. Juli 2011 14:56 schrieb André Schnabel <andre.schnabel@gmx.net>:

Dear SC members,

as today's MC meeting had to be postponed again we (Sophie and me) like to
suggest following changes for the MC:

1. approve all current deputies of the MC plus David Emmerich Jourdain (who
volunteered as deputiy but has not yet been approved) as full MC members.
(so the MC will have 6 members in total - curent deputies and David of
courrse need to agree on this )

when I talked to André about helping the MC, I want to make clear that just
offer me 'cause I understand that my fluency in some languages ​​can help in
the process. If you may evaluate, you can talk with Olivier, with Jesus,
with Claudio and some others that could talk to me (in person or not) that I
usually was the interpreter for almost everyone from BrOffice, in the FOSS
events. Of course, switching between some languages ​​during three or four
days, almost makes you forget to speak your primary language, but this
doesn't happen in the MC.

If it's necessary to be a deputy or not, I really don't know. I appreciate
and accept the invitation of Andre, but I want to leave this list totally
free.

If I can participate in this job with the MC, not being a deputy or being a
deputy, for me is fine.

David

2. approve that the MC should decide on applications in consensus with a
needed qurom of 2/3rd (means currently 4 members).

Reviewing membership applications is (imho) one of the key tasks for our
community - so the current situation is quite unfortunate. Sophie and me
agreed, that we should not take a decision if only two members are in a
meeting.

Thanks and regards,

André

deleted