Re: [steering-discuss] Re: screen-shots Documentation Team

On 8 Jul 2011, at 12:06, Alexander Thurgood wrote:

Le 08/07/11 12:01, David Nelson a écrit :

David,

How much clearer can this page be :

<snip>

It is very clear indeed that it is protecting /Microsoft products and property/. I see nothing
there indicating that images of a LibreOffice window or dialog cannot be used, and in fact I see
clear indications that even shots of a whole screen displaying only LibreOffice and the Windows
desktop are acceptable.

It is a no-brainer : either ask in MS writing, consult an attorney for
each territory of interest (expensive no doubt, and possibly
unsatisfactory, with fairly heterogeneous answers), or just plain don't
use MS's stuff.

I profoundly disagree with this excessive over-caution.

S.