Re: [steering-discuss] About elections

Hi,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Dave Neary <dneary@gnome.org> wrote:
Then we communicate the anonymous token to the voter, and tell him to
write it down somewhere so that he can check his vote later.

how does one figure out what information is in the token ?
iow. given my token, or any token for that matter can I independently
verify what voe is encoded in it ?

There is no information in the token. You can see the code that
generates it here:
http://vcs.maemo.org/svn/maemo2midgard/maemo-elections/vote/include/step4-commit.php

We store the token in one table (election_anon_tokens) with the
election_id (after a uniqueness check), then store the votes of the
person in the election_votes table, with the highest preference in
($election_id, $token, $cand1, 1), second preference ($election_id,
$token, $cand2, 2), etc.

I guess we could encode the person's vote in the token also, if there
were a good reaso,... but that's not what we do now.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary