[steering-discuss] Donations page ...

Hi Marc,

        So ! thanks for your awesome work around the 3.4features page - very
much appreciated.

        Since you're clearly so effective in making our webpages look pretty, I
was wondering ...

        Is there any chance you could help fix / improve our donations page ?
first - IMHO we need a winsome link to it from the download page (one of
our highest hit-count pages) perhaps:

        "Please consider helping LibreOffice with our mission by
         donating towards our development, travel and marketing
         expenses"

        or whatever ;-)

        And then looking at the donation page we still have these bugs:

        * we don't actually ever ask for money ;-) "please ..."

        * we don't re-assure people that their money will be
          well-spent (or even spent).

        * we recommend the German association, where SPI would
          prolly be a better leading fit for US guys - those should
          be on a par I think: we can spend SPI money more easily I
          think.

        * we don't have any pictures of happy LibreOffice hackers
          or users - it'd be great to dig out a picture of a LinuxTag
          booth, or a FOSDEM stand with some collateral etc.

        Is there any chance you could look into that, I think it'd make a big
difference to our ability to fund travel to conferences, market, and
hopefully start to pay for key infrastructure development.

        Thanks !

                Michael.