Re: [steering-discuss] Quo Vadis TDF Development - paid support based model ?

On 5/19/11 12:43 PM, Gianluca Turconi wrote:

Italo Vignoli wrote:
TDF has chosen not to provide enterprise support directly, but it will
build - and maintain - an ecosystem where companies of any size will be
able to provide such a support being "certified" (recognized) by TDF. I
am working at this program (unfortunately, it is taking an awful amount
of time for problems not related to TDF).

Again, just to have more info: will it be a *paid* certification?

Yes, we see it as a source of revenues for TDF, in order to fund development and other activities, although we must be careful as there will be different levels of involvement (and different fees, including zero fees for people and companies already contributing to the project with activities and developers). Also, several TDF contributors will work on the certification process. Difficult task, but challenging for everyone, as it is really a chance to define a new business model for FOSS projects.

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vignoli@gmail.com