Re: RE : [steering-discuss] Quo Vadis TDF Development - paid support based model ?

Sophie, Alex,

2011/5/18 sophie <gautier.sophie@gmail.com>

Hi Alex, all,

I would just like to add something after your mail (that I'll answer later
:) on the FR list.

This is about 12 or even 13 years that I see you providing support and
dedicating time on the SO/OOo/LibO lists, you have the knowledge of all the
project, and so the historical perspective too.
You say you have questions where you don't find answers, or no clear ones.
We are a young project, still under construction and if we have a vision of
the future, it seems we have difficulties to communicate on it. But the most
important in this project is that you are part of the "we" and the vision we
get, is also the one you bring.
You didn't submit a membership application, I hope you'll do it soon,
because it's also how we will be able to shape the future: having members
around able to push their ideas firmly when they are not on agreement.
So in one word, this project will/must be the reflection of its members.

hmm, so I guess I was not part of the initial conversation :) but I fully
support what Sophie wrote...

Best,
Charles.