Re: [steering-discuss] Re: Trademark Policy of the Document Foundation

Hello Charles, all,

one single point to clarify:

Charles-H. Schulz schrieb:
[...]
> Bernhard Dippold wrote:

a) *The product* itself contains the *logo with TDF subline*.
We provide these binaries via our mirror system.
Distributors of the unmodified binaries are allowed to distribute the
product, so they distribute it with the TDF subline inside the
product.

The mention "TDF" only
applies to what comes out of TDF and the mirrors listed here. But you
cannot use the TDF mention on a DVD that's not an official DVD from
TDF. So yes, we're talking about unmodified binaries downloaded via our
mirroring system, which means: you can only get them by downloading the
binaries here or in the specific case of the linux distros (that's
explained in the TM policy).

This could be understood as if it would not be allowed to distribute the unmodified binaries by other means than via our mirror service.

In my understanding it has to be clear that people are allowed to distribute our product, burn it on CD/DVD, copy it on USB-Stick or any other device as long as the binaries have not been modified.

This product will (of course, as it is unmodified) contain the logo with TDF subline.

But when they refer to this product, print the logo on the label or cover, advertise it on their homepage or present it on a download page, they have to use the logo without subline.

Even if they distribute our unchanged product it is necessary to avoid the impression as they would represent the community and/or TDF as producer of the office suite.

Did you mean it this way?

Best regards

Bernhard