Re: [steering-discuss] libreoffice.org e-mail accounts

Hi Jonathan, *,

Jonathan Aquilina schrieb:
On 01/17/2011 11:30 AM, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
2011/1/16 Friedrich Strohmaier<damokles4-listen@bits-fritz.de>
Charles-H. Schulz schrieb:
Le Sat, 15 Jan 2011 21:23:02 +0100, Friedrich Strohmaier
<damokles4-listen@bits-fritz.de>  a écrit :
Olivier Hallot schrieb:

[..]

Leave the mail for TDF oficials as @documetnfoundation.org

+1, I would even add the following: @libreoffice.org are only
available for official contributors and even they have to request
it (I don't exactly see the automatic need for, say, a code
contributor to have such an address).

I've a different view whom beeing part of the community:
What's about one passing the (upcoming) DVD to his neighbour plus
giving him first support but never appearing in the official
"contributing system" here?

[..]

So to me there are also advocates and promoters who are very happy
without an email address or a special status.

    Friedrich may i add that all i have see on other FOSS projects is
that mails are given to big time developers to the project, not users
or fans of a given project.

"All" is a big word here ;o)). I was Member of one of the largest FOSS
communities (think of three "O" two upper case, lower case the last) for
many (some 7 or 8) years, where it was obligatory to get a mailadress
just to have an account for some (by far not all) community resources
(issuetracker). So You did oversee at least one.. And the best: there
was no way to get rid of it!  No way to delete the account :o)).

Seriously I think in respect of our (the successor of the above) project
size we have to go our own way. And I continue thinking it wasn't to bad
to get "a member" that easy.

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich