Re: [steering-discuss] connecting external services to our domain

Hi, :-)

The situation is that the workflow can already be considered to be 80%
or 90% complete, and the next step will be some pilot testing with
actual work on documentation content, which could start later this
week.

In parallel, I'd also been planning to throw open an invite to i18n
people who might be interested in Alfresco as a tool for their work.
That might require the development of a separate workflow, depending
on what usage was envisioned.

But what seems to be the active core of the documentation team does
not seem to be at all averse to adopting Alfresco for documentation
work.

Personally, I'm perfectly happy to operate the Alfresco site on my
server, and to grant all appropriate access to relevant TDF SC members
at OS level. I had suggested alfresco.libreoffice.org for the
sub-domain.

However, I will - of course - cooperate fully with whatever decision
the SC takes.

The main need would be to take a decision fairy soon, before the
number of user accounts, the sophistication of the workflow and the
mass of data and content reach a point at which migration becomes a
bigger task.

You would probably find it useful to know that installing and
setting-up Alfresco is a not-inconsiderable process, and that you want
a minimum of 1 Gigabyte of memory, with 2 to 3 being recommended to me
for a busier system.

My server has excellent 24/7 technical support.

Thoughts?

David Nelson