Re: [steering-discuss] connecting external services to our domain

Hi,

Jaime R. Garza wrote on 2011-01-17 18.47:
Sorry, I'm not part of the Steering committee, but I'm very interested in
understanding the principles. I would prefer Open Source solutions like
Alfresco over Google Apps for Document Management System. Obviously with the
respective security requirements. If it's in an internal network or on
Amazon, I don't really see the difference, why does this concern you? or
does this really concern you? I mean if it's in the home of someone, that
will concern me, but if it's running on Amazon or some other Cloud provider,
what is the problem? Wouldn't you prefer to use an OSS solution than Google
Apps?

as soon as some service is hosted at the LibO or TDF domain or is otherwise linked, anything bad that happens will be reflected on us (and might even cause liability issues). So, I'd like to have some stable security provided...