[steering-discuss] Re: connecting external services to our domain

Hi Florian,

2011/1/17 Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>

Hello,

I received a request to connect an external Alfresco site to one of our
domain names. Apart from the concern that the workflow hadn't been defined
(why now Alfresco?), I'm a bit sceptical to connecting external servers to
our domain name, because they are associated with us and thus cause
liability issues.

My "policy" would be:

       * hosted services (like the blog, or probably Google Apps) should
can be connected at LibO or TDF domain names if they are from trustworthy
sources

       * self-hosted servers can only be connected if they are in our
infrastructure management and fit our security requirements

Thoughts on that?

I agree.

Having some clear rules for these procedures doesn't mean restricting, you
are only provide security for the TDF.

David