Hi David, *,

Am Montag, 10. Januar 2011, 00:25:41 schrieb David Nelson:
Hi Andreas, :-)

There is currently no legal entity or a legal organisation TDF. Every
thing is in the course of formation. Because I know a bit about German
law I can assure you that it takes a longer time (not days or a month)
to establish a foundation.

Forming the legal entity, the Foundation will take time. But that has
no connection with the implementation of the Community Bylaws. The
existence of the Foundation is *not* necessary before implementing
almost every clause of the Community Bylaws. You can set up the ESC.
You can set up the membership committee. You can hold elections for
the BoD, as a *morally-implemented* team. You can set up the
proportional-representation voting system. You can hold elections and
votes. You can appoint teams. You can appoint team leads. The *moral*
life of the Community can exist and function entirely independently of
whether or not there is yet an officially-formed Foundation under
German or UK law.

I think this will not improve our current situation. We need a group of people with
deep knowledge (from their work with the community of OOo) about the different parts
of the whole project and have the power to establish the foundation that serves the
needs of the whole community / project. We don't have the time to change the horses
during this process. This will lead to a waste of time, because the people of the new
(moral) ESC / BoD had to start the discussion about the foundation (and the best way
to establish it) from the beginning.

And a bit  for your health ;-)
We - the contributors - are all *morally* currently members of LibreOffice. We don't
need a membership commitee yet.

Regards,
Andreas
*and please don't resent every time your statement; we are on a mailinglist with an
archive here*
--
## Developer LibreOffice
## http://LibreOffice.org