Hi guys, :-)

I would like to make a proposal. I consider that the libreoffice.org
website is a resource that can be of strategic importance to TDF and
the community. I have a bunch of ideas for further developing it and
using it to further the project's aims and interests.

To do that job, I would ask - for a period of 4 months, subsequently
renewable on condition of the SC's approval - for complete authority
and final veto on all content on the libreoffice.org website. I want
to be considered *the boss* of the libreoffice.org website, and my
decisions would only be overridden by a majority vote of SC members.
Anything short of that, my decision wins.

This would give me the necessary authority to try some imaginative and
ambitious plans that I will put to Marketing.

I would ask for the title of "Executive editor of the libreoffice.org
website". The only reason I have for asking for this title is that it
gives me a handle to use in relations with outside parties, such as
the press.

If you feel able to grant me this trust, you can be sure that I will
act responsibly and wisely, and that my sole aim will be to advance
and protect the interests of the LibreOffice project and community.

I believe in teamwork and community-building. I would be keen to
listen to and to learn from others, and to take the smartest decisions
possible. I would seek to leave behind a positive contribution.

Your decision would be sealed by an official vote at the next SC meeting.

What do you say, guys? ;-) Can we try this experiment and see what it produces?

David Nelson