Hello Drew,

Le Mon, 03 Jan 2011 09:21:04 -0500,
drew <drew@baseanswers.com> a écrit :

On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 17:52 +0100, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
Dear friends,

The Steering Committee would like to provide you an update regarding
the status of the establishment of our Foundation.

We have spent quite some time evaluating the legal, fiscal,
financial and practical options that were available to us.
Assessing these took us considerable efforts and the involvement of
lawyers we would like to thank.

We finally came to the following decision. We will incorporate a
Foundation in Germany (called "Stiftung" in German) in early 2011. A
german foundation will provide us with many advantages of various
kinds, among them, 100% tax-deductible donations.

Hello Charles, et al.

"100% tax-deductible donations."

Just to be clear here, you mean that donations to this foundation will
be deductible by the individual making the donation?

_or_

The foundation will incur no tax-liability by receiving monetary
donations?

Donations, provided you are under the German tax law (you live in
Germany or have a subsidiary in German) will be 100% tax deductible by
you. That fiscal advantage might, depending on the ongoing legal works
surrounding one common law for European Foundation, be extended to
other european memberstates.

In order to incorporate there we will however need some initial
capital and resources (around fifty thousand (50,000) Euros). If we
do not manage to collect this sum in a reasonable amount of time,
we will switch to our second best option and incorporate a charity
in the United Kingdom, which is much cheaper.

Could you put some sort of time-frame to "reasonable"?

[just your folks thoughts on what reasonable is here]

I don't really know, but if we're stuck with 3 thousand bucks at the
end of February it might be time to reconsider options. (that's just my
own perception).

We will of course keep you updated. Meanwhile, the donations to the
German OOoDEV association are still accepted and much welcome !

The last days of 2010 will be busy with Season's Holidays as well as
the release of LibreOffice 3.3 and the LibreOffice website.

Until 2011, we wish you all the best for the New Year.

Thanks to all the SC members for their efforts here.

And happy new year to you, thank you for your efforts!

Best,
Charles.

Best wishes,

Drew