Re: [steering-discuss] Last night's announcement

Hi Flo, *

I'm not a SC member, but just want to add my thoughts:

Florian Effenberger schrieb:
Hi,

I'm sorry to say, but last night's announcement hasn't been delivered to
all announce@ subscribers, and is also missing from our official archives.

The problem was that the timeout on the mailserver per default was set
too low, and thus, with our large subscribers list, after a certain
amount of time it just killed the sendout.

I hopefully fixed the problem, but I can't tell the missing recipients,

Do you know if the mails have been sent according their subscription time or their name / email address?

(I got the mail for example)

If you can find out, there would be quite a good chance to do c.) on just a part of the list - without annoying many people with a double mail.

so we have three choices:

a.) Do nothing, as this was "just" an RC.
b.) Re-send the announcement.
c.) Re-send the announcement with the information that some recipients
were missing.

d) point to the announcement on the website (if it is uploaded there) by a mail to all the lists except of announce (containing info about the partial delivery). Inform the native lang groups to tell it to their contributors.

This would probably reach most of the people interested in RC2 (together with blogging etc)

Best regards

Bernhard