[steering-discuss] Re: Add LGPL as license for wiki uploads?

Hi Florian,

Florian Effenberger wrote:
Hi,

Bernhard Dippold wrote on 2010-12-18 01.29:

I don't know if it should read "and" instead of "or":

The selection is presented to the author of the upload, so she has to
license her work under all the three of them, if she choose this option.

"Or" is for the people using the uploaded content, as they can choose
between the licenses.

good point.

Thanks, but...

1) the text is too long for the selection list
Perhaps you could write:
"CC Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 / LGPL 3+ / MPL 1.1"

Changed it now to "CC Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0, and LGPL 3+, and MPL 1.1"

and move the long version to the template?

2) the template showing the license texts (or linking to them) hasn't
been created by now.

Which template?

Once you chose a license, a template is added to the page.

For the CC by-sa license I created http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Template:CC-by-sa-3.0 because
I got a redlink when wanted to license my first upload. (As I didn't read any negative feedback, I
hope the wording is allright)

The new license doesn't have a template containing the license information / links to the license
texts, so I got a redlink again. But instead of describing what I think has to be done, I just
managed to write a short description and added the necessary links:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Template:CC-by-sa-LGPL-MPL

Please improve my wording and/or change the links if necessary.

Best regards

Bernhard