[steering-discuss] Add LGPL as license for wiki uploads?

Hi all,

Florian suggested to ask this question here:

Would it be reasonable to add LGPL as license to the uploads to the TDF wiki?

At the moment we only allow <no license specified> and <Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 Unported>

I'd like to add <LGPL 3.0+> as possible license and could imagine to have <CC BY-SA + LGPL> as standard selection.

The background of my question:

At the moment we work on the LibO mimetype icons and upload the source files to the wiki.

If they would be licensed right from the beginning under LGPL, the final icons could easily be integrated in the product without asking every contributor for licensing their work under LGPL.

This might be true for other graphics too when we start working on the "Community Branding".

I could imagine other parts of the package that might be handled in a similar way (menu icons, templates, gallery items ...).

I'm not a license expert, but nobody told me about negative aspects of such a double license strategy by now, so I just wanted to post my ideas...

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: Is the CC license upgradeable?
We know about the problems of LGPL without the "+" feature. Even if the wiki content might not be as crucial as product code, an upgradeable license could make sense IMHO.