Re: [steering-discuss] Updated draft of the Community Bylaws

Hi, :-)

I must admit that I have great reservations about the BoD being able
to change the bylaws without a vote by community members. Even the
6-out-of-9 minimum vote does not give sufficient guarantee for me. And
even the stipulation that there will always be one member, one vote is
not a total reassurance. I'd prefer bylaws that are carefully thought
out now but that are pretty much in stone once adopted.

I think I'd prefer a community that is frequently called upon to vote,
but that has full control over its future. You expect community
members to be committed in working for LibreOffice, so one should also
expect them to take their "civic rights and duties" seriously and be
ready to think about issues regularly, and to vote as often as is
necessary. At least they'll be able to claim that there is true
democracy...

Does anyone feel like answering me about this? ;-)

David Nelson