Re: [steering-discuss] Updated draft of the Community Bylaws

Hi, :-)

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 02:57, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
but maybe there could be a mechanism by which community members
could call for a ballot to be cast on a motion put forward by
concerned activists (kind of like organizing a petition)? This
mechanism would then provisionally block implementation of the
contentious decision until the vote has been held. The outcome of the
vote would be binding.

Actually I would not be in favor of this approach.

Well, basically, what I'm saying is that the Community needs an
"emergency stop button" if the BoD starts acting in ways that go
contrary to the wishes of a large proportion of the community, without
having to wait for the next annual elections. If I'm not mistaken,
that's what you're saying, too. I'm waiting to hear more about your
concrete suggestions. But I'd be interested to hear the ideas of
Charles and the SC members about the basic idea I'm putting forward...
;-)

David Nelson