Re: [steering-discuss] Updated draft of the Community Bylaws
I really like the remarks/ideas made by Florian. And if I got it right,
most of it already is on the wiki.
Few comments from my side:
Florian Effenberger wrote (02-12-10 16:53)
- Board of Directors: Shall we limit the number of deputies per seat to
one, making it mandatory that one deputy can only be there for one seat?
At the moment, it's quite openly formulated...
I would not think that is really needed.
- Is it safe to make four officers on a paid/remunerated basis
necessary? If we have to hire four people at the beginning, it will be
quite expensive... I'm not at all against paying people for their work,
but at least for a transitional phase at the beginning, this might get
complicated without money.
Of course, the BoD can and will only hire people if there is money (I
hope ;-) )
- As the BoD can appoint and nominate officers, shall we make clear the
way how voting goes?
Leave it to their own like, I would say.
- Instead of "trademark ownership" as BoD duty, we should use
"management of trademark ownership". Otherwise, it might look like, as
if the BoD was the TM owner, but actually the foundation is.
- Under which conditions can seats in the advisory board be
re-appointed? I guess we should make this more clear.
Let the companies that appoint a representative in the AB do it their
- Regarding the conflict of interest: If we have some day lots of people
employed directly by the Foundation, shall the conflict of interest rule
also apply to them, i.e. only a percentage of TDF-employed people are
eligible to sit in the board? I see pros and cons for that, no dedicated
opinion right now.
- Is it on purpose that no Officer may be in the board?
It would better be avoided to have a situation where one (officer) is
his/her own employer (member BoD)
- 90 days is rather long for informing about elections. Maybe 45 or 60
days are enough?
Is ok for me.
That being said, thanks a lot for the great work, I really like it -
even if my mail is rather long, no major changes included. :-)
And again, sorry for stepping in so late!
No need never to apologise for you, Florian.
(And apart from that, there are always people even later, that do not
make apologies at all :-p )
- giving openoffice.org its foundation :: The Document Foundation -
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/steering-discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
- Re: [steering-discuss] Updated draft of the Community Bylaws (continued)
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy