Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws

Hello,

Le Mon, 22 Nov 2010 17:08:30 +0000,
Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@novell.com> a écrit :

Hi there,

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 21:03 +0800, David Nelson wrote:
It seems that there are still some big ambiguities that would need
to be resolved:

      Well detected :-)

"The Chairperson is elected by a special electoral college comprised
of the BoD, the AB and and the ESC (however, ESC members who are
also members of the BoD can only cast one single vote in this
election,

      Oh - wow, what is the ESC doing in that mix. I would prefer
that the board simply elect the chairman, who is just a member of the
board that has some special meeting management role :-)

      Hopefully that de-complicates the whole process; then again I
havn't read the proposal in full recently.

      I believe there is a -huge- danger of over-engineering any
constitution
- particularly when you get engineers near it :-) and ending up with
some huge joke like the OO.o governance - where obscure rules seemed
to breed in dark corners :-)

So, I'm going to rewrite the ESC part; it will at least simplify the
chairman story. But having him/her part of the BoD would also nix its
role I fear.

Best,
Charles.

      HTH,