Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws

Cor,

2010/11/18 Cor Nouws <oolst@nouenoff.nl>

Volker Merschmann wrote (16-11-10 22:14)

 I have a question about the Board of Directors. I see that the draft says
all members are chosen every year (from the Community Members) and that
one
can be member only twice consecutively.
Has been considered that this leads to a situation where each year people
have to get used to the tasks, the other board members etc. so that maybe
it
is a bit inefficient?

 In this point I'm with Cor.
The duties of the BOD as written in
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/CommunityBylaws#Board_of_Directors
are of high importance for the development of the whole project and
therefore long-term-orientated. They will be the premium contact for
other projects, authorities, commercial contributors etc.
I would recommend to drop the re-election limit in favor for a
continous work of the BOD.

A limit to re-election is good to get fresh blood and to prevent people
becoming part of the furniture.
And two years twice makes four. So that is pretty OK to benefit from
learning a job, the contacts etc. IMO,

I fully second both your suggestion (the one above + the renewal at 50% each
year).

Best,
Charles.