[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-announce] Errata about The Register
- Subject: [tdf-announce] Errata about The Register
- From: Italo Vignoli <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 14:00:50 +0100
- To: TDF Announce <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It looks like the communication between myself and Iain did not work in
the proper way yesterday evening (European time), because a couple of
significant inaccuracies have crept in the text of the article
1. The Document Foundation will probably announce a ROADMAP for
LibreOffice OnLine sometimes in late April or early May. A ROADMAP and
not a PRODUCT, and this should be absolutely clear. At the moment, there
is no reason to expect a change in the previously announced release
timeframe: "sometimes in 2013".
2. The Android port is under way, but is the PORTING of the code to be
around 80% (and not the CODING, which is still below 50%). The Android
port is not a simple endeavor, and it will ask for a lot of CODING
efforts once the PORTING has been completed. One of these efforts is a
new touch interface, which is - by itself - a huge development effort.
This is the reason why TDF will not be in the position of making ANY
announcement about LibreOffice on Pads - including a roadmap - before 2013.
I hope this clarifies the issue.
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
mob +39.348.5653829 - VoIP email@example.com
skype italovignoli - gtalk firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/announce/
- Prev by Date: [tdf-announce] TDF announces LibreOffice 3.4.6
- Next by Date: [tdf-announce] LibreOffice @ Google Summer of Code
- Previous by thread: [tdf-announce] TDF announces LibreOffice 3.4.6
- Next by thread: [tdf-announce] LibreOffice @ Google Summer of Code