Announcing LibreOffice Portable, a Full-Featured Office Suite For USB, Removable and Cloud Drives

PortableApps.com and The Document Foundation are proud to announce the immediate availability of LibreOffice Portable 3.3, a portable version of the free productivity suite for Windows.

LibreOffice Portable runs right from a USB flash drive or cloud drive and allows users to use a full-featured word processor, spreadsheet, presentation tool, database and drawing program on every PC with no installation needed. It's a great way to carry your documents, spreadsheets and presentations along with everything you need to edit them with you wherever you go. Like all software in PortableApps.com Format, it works at home, work or school, in a net cafe, even in your local library, making it easy to essentially carry your computer right in your pocket.

LibreOffice Portable includes all the new features in the just-released LibreOffice 3.3 including SVG support, improved PDF support, better document protection, usability enhancements, improved compatibility and thousands of other fixes and improvements. LibreOffice Portable makes use of PortableApps.com's award-winning portable software technology to allow it to run without affecting the host PC or requiring administrative rights to install. No changes needed to be made to LibreOffice itself to make it portable.

"LibreOffice is a wonderful addition to our lineup of portable software and will be a big hit with our users", said John T. Haller, lead developer of PortableApps.com. "The Document Foundation has been great to work with and we look forward to a long partnership."

"We've been working with PortableApps.com to ensure a portable version of LibreOffice would be available in conjunction with the 3.3 release", said Florian Effenberger, Steering Committee Member of The Document Foundation. "Many of our users are fans of portable software and working with an open source platform was a natural fit for us."

LibreOffice Portable is available for immediate download free of charge from http://www.libreofficeportable.org/ and http://portableapps.com/LibreOfficePortable

About PortableApps.com

PortableApps.com is the world's most popular portable software solution allowing you to take your favorite software with you. A fully open source and free platform, it works on any portable storage device (USB flash drive, iPod, memory card, portable hard drive, etc) or cloud drive and lets you carry your favorite desktop software with you and use it on any computer. With millions of users all over the world and a full collection of open source software as well as freeware and commercial software and partners in the software and hardware industry, PortableApps.com is the most complete solution for life on the go.

About The Document Foundation

The Document Foundation has the mission of facilitating the evolution of the OOo Community into a new, open, independent, and meritocratic organization within the next few months. An independent Foundation is a better reflection of the values of our contributors, users and supporters, and will enable a more effective, efficient and transparent community. TDF will protect past investments by building on the achievements of the first decade, will encourage wide participation within the community, and will co-ordinate activity across the community.

Press Contacts For PortableApps.com

John T. Haller (United States)
Phone: 646-289-5002 extension 2
E-mail: press@portableapps.com