[tdf-announce] The Next Decade Manifesto

The Document Foundation celebrates the 10th anniversary of the OOo community looking at the next decade

The Internet, October 13, 2010 - Ten years ago, the then fledgling OpenOffice.org community provided the first public access to the StarOffice source code donated by Sun Microsystems. Today, The Document Foundation - a group based on some of those early pioneers - is launching a new challenge based on the Next Decade Manifesto.

The Next Decade Manifesto has been published at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Next_Decade_Manifesto

"Looking back at the first ten years of the OOo community, it is amazing to see what we have achieved thanks to the commitment of thousands of volunteers in every part of the world", says André Schnabel, a long time member of the group. "Today, though, we are concentrating on our next objective: grow the software into the next decade as an independent community, around the LibreOffice brand".

The house of The Document Foundation is at http://www.documentfoundation.org

The Document Foundation has the mission to facilitate the evolution of the OOo Community into a new open, independent, and meritocratic organization within the next few months. An independent Foundation is a better match to the values of contributors, users and supporters, and will enable a more effective, efficient, transparent, and inclusive Community. TDF will protect past investments by building on the achievements of the first decade, encourage wide participation in the Community, and co-ordinate activity across the Community.

Media Contacts

Florian Effenberger (Germany)
Mobile: +49 151 14424108 - E-mail: floeff@documentfoundation.org

Olivier Hallot (Brazil)