@Simon: Andrea Pescetti cross-posted to [tdf-discuss] and [openoffice-dev] some clarifying
information, but his sending from an @apache.org e-mail is apparently hung up in a moderation queue
- he has probably not subscribed with that one.  So you are seeing threads following from it that
[tdf-discuss] hasn't actually seen yet (except under a cross-posted response from Louis [;<).

In Andrea's post, the contribution page on the AOO Wiki is offered as the Apache OpenOffice
response to Jim Jagielski's question:
<http://openoffice.apache.org/contributing-code.html>.

On rereading that a few times, I do find that it is less circumspect than the equivalent TDF page.

Part of the disconnect is that LibreOffice contributors don't usually put notices on the
contribution.  A separate, one-time declaration is used.  Clearly, not all of the
declaration-granted licenses are necessarily used or shown in the code release (i.e., MPL has not
been used).

The iCLA recorded by ASF committers does not stipulate any specific open-source license (let alone
dual-licensing) whatsoever and it basically empowers ASF to release the contribution under any
license insofar as it is compatible with the individual iCLA grant.  (The ALv2 does not require
someone to stipulate the Apache License either.  The AOO contribution page is incorrect about that.
 The default for a contribution is as I mention in my reply.)

In each case though, the grants/declarations are specifically to the project the contribution is
submitted to.  They don't, in themselves, apply to anyone else.

Now, with that context, here is my reply to Pescetti's post on AOO (I didn't want to cross-post or
continue the cross-quoting):