[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] FreeDesktop Bugzilla
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] FreeDesktop Bugzilla
- From: alan c <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:20:06 +0000
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 11/11/10 15:29, Charles Marcus wrote:
On 2010-11-11 9:47 AM, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
the current bug tracking system is sufficien for expert communication,
but if masses of users will file their problems, we will loose overview,
soon. There are too less sort criterias for subcomponents, OS-Versions,
LibO version and and and, afaik we don't have an useful permissions
management ... . I'm afraid we will run into problems. Is there any
discussion concerning solutions for these problems?
'Masses of users' will not know how to properly report bugs.
As I have advocated in the past (on this and the OOo list), I would
suggest a two-tiered system - a simple bug reporting page for end users,
I am aware of the Ubuntu related Launchpad bug tracking process. I have used this a few times for Ubuntu things, and I am not at all a developer, however I am a fairly disciplined end user.
Is a Launchpad type facility in the frame?
Unsubscribe instructions: Email to email@example.com
Posting guidelines: http://netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived ***
|[tdf-discuss] FreeDesktop Bugzilla||Rainer Bielefeld <LibreOffice@bielefeldundbuss.de>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] FreeDesktop Bugzilla||Charles Marcus <CMarcus@Media-Brokers.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] FreeDesktop Bugzilla
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Updates overwriting User settings
- Previous by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] FreeDesktop Bugzilla
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] FreeDesktop Bugzilla