[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-discuss] x86_64 Windows build
- Subject: [tdf-discuss] x86_64 Windows build
- From: "T. J. Brumfield" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 08:36:20 -0500
- To: email@example.com
There is an open OOo bug that is over 5 years old.
It seems that OOo developers felt this was an unnecessary feature. However,
as users have commented in that bug report, the 32-bit version doesn't work
in 64-bit Terminal Servers, and Microsoft does not ship a 32-bit server
product anymore. Furthermore, Base can not connect to a 64-bit ODBC data
Given that Microsoft has been shipping 64-bit operating systems for 7 years
now, and that there are legitimate use cases where OOo/LibO can't fufil user
needs without a 64-bit Windows build, shouldn't this be reevaluated?
And from a pure perception standpoint, it looks like OOo/LibO is behind MS
Office in this regard, given that MS Office offers a 64-bit version.
-- T. J. Brumfield
"I'm questioning my education
Rewind and what does it show?
Could be, the truth it becomes you
I'm a seed, wondering why it grows"
-- Pearl Jam, Education
Unsubscribe instructions: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines: http://netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived ***
|Re: [tdf-discuss] x86_64 Windows build||Frank Esposito <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Old Bugs
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] x86_64 Windows build
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] unable to reply quickly to mailing list posts
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] x86_64 Windows build