[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-discuss] Re: Old Bugs
- Subject: [tdf-discuss] Re: Old Bugs
- From: Marc Paré <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 13:51:13 -0400
- To: email@example.com
Le 2010-11-02 11:48, Peter Rodwell a écrit :
I have only today joined this discussion so I don't know whether this has
already been discussed or not.
There are two reasons why I have just paid money to upgrade to Office 2010
instead of switching to OO/LO:
1. Complete file compatibility. I frequently handle documents with very
formatting. These come from my clients, all of whom use MS Office. I
translate and edit the documents and return them. They *must* retain
the original formatting. So far this has not been the case with Oo.
2. Search and replace. I work with large documents, often 400+ pages. As
translating, I usually come across a word or phrase that I know will be
throughout the document so I search and replace it to avoid having to
continuously. I do this *dozens* of times a day. MS Word leaves me where
I was when I did the S/R so that I can continue working. Oo leaves me at
point of the last replace so I have to manually go back to where I was.
of many people for whom this is a dealbreaker -- they won't move to Oo/LO
until this is fixed.
Just my €0.02 worth.
As in all public mailists, just ignore the negative comments. Robert does not speak for people who are interested in fixing problems or concerns of users.
Just ignore him.
Unsubscribe instructions: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines: http://netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived ***
|Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Old Bugs||Peter Rodwell <email@example.com>|
|[tdf-discuss] Old Bugs||"T. J. Brumfield" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] Old Bugs||Peter Rodwell <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Old Bugs
- Next by Date: [tdf-discuss] Re: Old Bugs
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] Re: Old Bugs
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Old Bugs