[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- Subject: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- From: Jon Hamkins <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:58:51 -0700
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 10/08/2010 10:50 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
You are probably right there too. It wouldn't hurt though to try it and
see what kind of response the LibO community got from such a service.
Maybe from a dependencies point of view it would be too hard to manage
still. IMHO, it would be nice if the LibO packages came out prepped for
immediate installation/update for distros.
I think there would be a huge response from the community to having LibO packages prepped for their distro and available at libreoffice.org. The problem with letting the distro packagers do it is that they do a big push up to prepare for their distro release, but they don't typically push out an OOo update when it becomes available -- they often wait for the next release of their distro.
By prepping packages ourselves, I think we'll find that we get a lot more immediate downloads from the user community, and quicker feedback on bugs.
To unsubscribe, e-mail to email@example.com
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
|Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)||Paul A Norman <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [tdf-discuss] German mailing lists have been launched
- Next by Date: [tdf-discuss] Events
- Previous by thread: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)
- Next by thread: Re: LibO Install/Update ( was [tdf-discuss] Automatic Updates)