[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] Mailing list user preferences?
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] Mailing list user preferences?
- From: Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 14:41:57 +0200
- To: email@example.com
Am 07.10.2010 um 14:48 schrieb Charles Marcus:
> Is there an interface where users can adjust their own user
> If not, is this a permanent situation, or just until more
> is in place?
> I'd really like the ability to set certain user prefs - like subject
> tags (I want to disable them), set my reply-to preference, etc...
no, that's not possible at the moment. We use mlmmj for good reasons.
Mailman has a lot of options and the luxury of a web interface, but it's
a total mess for moderators. You have one password per list for all
moderators, and moderation via e-mail is a pain.
That being said, the only viable alternative for the moment was mlmmj
(Majordomo is legacy, Smartlist is procmail-based, ezmlm is qmail-only;
maybe Sympa is an alternative). So, at the moment, I can't do much about
it. Mailman would be great if we didn't need to moderate.
Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Steering Committee and Founding Member of The Document Foundation
Tel: +49 8341 99660880
Fax: +49 8341 99660889
Mobile: +49 151 14424108
Skype: floeff | Twitter/Identi.ca: @floeff
To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to email@example.com
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
|Re: [tdf-discuss] Mailing list user preferences?||Charles Marcus <CMarcus@Media-Brokers.com>|
|[tdf-discuss] Mailing list user preferences?||Charles Marcus <CMarcus@Media-Brokers.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Document Foundation - list archive - emails in clear
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Shorter mailing list prefix?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] Mailing list user preferences?
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] Mailing list user preferences?