[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] Mailing list user preferences?
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] Mailing list user preferences?
- From: Friedrich Strohmaier <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 15:49:08 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi Charles, *,
Charles Marcus schrieb:
>Is there an interface where users can adjust their own user
Yes - already there is, even in a very basic way:
You up to now you can choose to get the mails
- as a digest
>If not, is this a permanent situation, or just until more
> infrastructure is in place?
From my point of view things should be kept as simple as possible
>I'd really like the ability to set certain user prefs - like subject
>tags (I want to disable them), set my reply-to preference, etc...
I think it is not a good idea to burden mailinglist software with a full
featured user preferences database. But i'd think about adding two more
- no mails # I'll send mails via nntp interface or from archive page
therefore I only need unmoderated access.
- no subject tags # I'm filtering by List-ID in folders where tags don't
make sense and are wasted space.
Everything more should be done by local software.
Ansprechpartner / contact person for the "PrOOo-Box"
german language OpenOffice.org and more on CD/DVD
To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to email@example.com
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
|Re: [tdf-discuss] Mailing list user preferences?||Charles Marcus <CMarcus@Media-Brokers.com>|
|[tdf-discuss] Mailing list user preferences?||Charles Marcus <CMarcus@Media-Brokers.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: US Group Status ( was: Re: [tdf-discuss] Media contact for the USA )
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] I like the name LibreOffice
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] Mailing list user preferences?
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] Mailing list user preferences?