[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOfficeForum.org is now functioning
- Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOfficeForum.org is now functioning
- From: Stefan Weigel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 08:15:06 +0200
- To: email@example.com
I would like to offer to the LibreOffice community a support forum that I have just[...]
created on a reliable host:
Please let me know your thoughts.
I´d rather recommend to use the already existing forums, for example http://www.openoffice.info (and others).
(1) These forums are run by community members. They are independent from Oracle, who seems to be leaving the community. I think there is no need to set up additional community forums.
(2) I´d prefer forum sites without commercial advertisements.
(3) Why force forum users to sign up and create an account? At least http://de.openoffice.org has been running for many years without the need for users to sign up. AFAIK there is no bad experience about that.
IMHO, the only change, that could make sense, is introducing new URLs, naming libreoffice instead of openoffice, since Oracle seems to be leaving the community but keeping the brand. So hey, why don´t you just redirect http://libreofficeforum.org to http://www.openoffice.info (for example).
To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
List archives are available at http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/
|Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOfficeForum.org is now functioning||Stefan Weigel <email@example.com>|
|Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOfficeForum.org is now functioning||"firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>|
|[tdf-discuss] LibreOfficeForum.org is now functioning||Sam <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] LO deb repo
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOfficeForum.org is now functioning
- Previous by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOfficeForum.org is now functioning
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOfficeForum.org is now functioning